Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Peace in your promises


                You know, one day, I’m going to change the world. It will be through Jesus, it will be by His leading, but I don’t know where to start! I pray, but I can’t focus and I just hope that Jesus can hear my heart through all this static in my life. I feel the leading of the Lord on my life, to be in ministry, to tell others about Jesus. Being a nurse just sounds so boring, but I know it’s a place that I can serve others. If I could, I would sing for the rest of my life, but pray that I never look at it as a job because that would suck the fun out of it. I want to be myself, have fun, serve others, and glorify Jesus.
                I keep thinking about the question- what are my passions? What do I enjoy doing, what gifts do I have that can transfer into a career. Honestly, I can’t keep focused. My head is spinning a million miles a minute, so many thoughts, options, opportunities and opinions. Lord, PLEASE shut them all up so I can hear only yours because I KNOW you have special plans for my life. The man I will marry, the children I will have. The career I will enjoy and the church I will live.
                I love history and antiques. I love people and God. I love to write, to please people, and to make people feel beautiful and confident. I want to take the lessons I have learned within my life, and teach those who are going through the same things. I want to please God and my parents and those I look up to. I want to rise above my financial situation at my house. I have peace in the chaos around me within my family, but others don’t. But what is the next step?
                Decisions are to be made, battles to be won, adversity to overcome. This is one of the most crucial parts of my life.
Today.
Everyday.
New grace, new mercies every morning- but only for that day. See, if I live my life in my past, I will look at my regrets and have fear for my future. If I look to my future, then I forget to live in today.

It’s all about the journey.

So what’s next, Lord? Where do I go? How do I get the static to shut up and my heart rate to slow? I find strength in your promise, peace in your plans for me. Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment