Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New Creation :)

      Talking to an old friend from church, I have found that I really am an entirely different person! And I give all the glory to Jesus, the master craftsman Himself! Ever since I finally just gave up and gave my ENTIRE life to Him, He has blessed me and made me entirely new!!!!! My friend, Lauren, she was in awe at how much I had changed! Before, she probably didn't like to be around me.
    And I probably wouldn't blame her.

    Back before The Big Change, my life was entirely consumed with trying to please everyone, make myself be like others who told everyone they were different. I was focused on myself and used God as a way to get farther in life and in relationships with others. My christian walk wasn't about Jesus, it was about what He could give me and what I could do within my church. And that's being completely honest.

   When I realized my life wasn't about me and that there was soo much more to my life and Jesus than the American Dream or being liked, it opened my eyes. HE opened my eyes.And I would never have it any other way!

    I love my life and I love what He is doing in me and for me!I had to get off my high-horse and understand that God is bigger than me and He wasn't my genie. He was my Savior and the first person to ever truly love me. He is love. The real love. He invented the definition of it- literally! When He sent His son . . .  man, life was shifted. The curtain was torn, and we became truly His. And He became ours. Our Beloved. That's just soo beautiful to think about . . .

    This reminds me of the song,  "New Creation" by Leeland. It's soo true because once you are born again in Christ, you gain His life that He gave to you so you can have the best of the best. 'Cause that's what He is:  
   The Best of The Best. :)

   I'm not perfect, though, which you also must understand. Do NOT put me on a pedestal. I think sometimes, though, even I put myself on a pedestal. But I'm not perfect. But He is.
    He was perfect, so I didn't have to be.
    I'm still growing and will never stop growing in Him because He is never-ending. And I will have both a Paul and a Timothy. Someone I learn from and someone I can teach. And I can't wait until I have both of these.
 
   I want to thank those around me who keep on encouraging me to stay in him and reminding me why I do this. Ya know, sometimes, I seem to forget WHY I'm a christian or as I say, " A follower of Christ". Many people with the christian title have a habit of abusing it. But the people who love God and love me because of their relationship in the Lord is one of the main things that make all this worth it. The insane faith in His crazy love.

    "Death where is your sting, Hell will never conquer me
     A love pure and holy, Has set me free
    And I am a new creation, I have been born again
    For behold! The old has passed away!
    There's a hole inside of me, And I'll never run away from you!
    Anymore, anymore" ~ "New creation" by Leeland

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment